A small roof problems will only get worse over time, leading to extensive and expensive repairs. Quickly catching and repairing any problems that arise can save you a lot of headaches—plus the cost of a complete roof replacement. Watch for signs of these roof problems before they turn into major catastrophes:
- Leaks and moisture: When moisture gets under roofing layers it can cause everything from leaks to mold and rot.
- Ventilation: Improper ventilation allows moisture and heat to build up causing mildew and mold; raised energy costs; and damage to the rafters, sheathing, insulation, and shingles.
- Mother Nature: Falling tree branches can cause serious damage and overhanging tree branches can wear away shingles’ protective top layer as they rub on the roof. Birds, animals, and insects can also cause a surprising amount of damage.
- Flashing and Fascia: Improperly installed, missing, or damaged flashing or fascia will allow water to seep into areas around chimneys, pipes, valleys, sky lights, heating and cooling systems, and around your roof’s edge.
- Valleys: The valleys in your roof handle large amounts of fast-moving water during storms and will cause damage to your home if not properly installed, cracked, or damaged.
- Gutters and downspouts: Broken and/or clogged gutters or downspouts can allow water to back up and seep into your eaves and into your home.
- Improper Nailing: Shingles need to be properly nailed in designated areas to avoid nail pops, which can allow the shingle to lift and potentially blow off.
- Ponding Water: Debris or improper drainage from your HVAC units or gutters can cause water to pond on your roof.
- Shrinkage and Blistering: You may notice cracks or crazing in the upper layer of your roof due to shrinkage in your roof membrane. Blistered, ridged, split, and eroded shingles can be the sign of even bigger problems.
- Unsatisfactory Workmanship: A faulty installation will exponentially increase your odds of having roof problems and severely reduce your roof system’s life expectancy
The SuperiorPRO Preventative Roof Maintenance Program
The best way to ensure that your roof is regularly inspected is to enroll in a preventative roof maintenance program. SuperiorPRO provides a very affordable preventative roof maintenance service that includes the removal of any exposed fasteners on all vents and accessories, the re-sealing of plumbing vent boots and vent stacks, and the spray painting of all vents and stacks to eliminate continued rusting of metal vents and to provide for a finished look.
Don’t attempt the dangerous work of roof maintenance yourself! Hire the roofing specialists at SuperiorPRO! Customers are often delighted to discover that with a little preventative maintenance to their existing roof, SuperiorPRO can extend it’s serviceable life. Contact us today to learn more about roofing repairs,roof replacement, or our preventative roof maintenance program!