If you need help selecting paint colors, you have come to the right place. Several weeks ago the phone rang at SuperiorPRO Painting & Exteriors for an exterior painting job in Loganville. The homeowners had enjoyed their colors for some time, but were ready for a change. Here is what we saw upon arrival:
How lovely! However, the owners wanted a facelift. The “look of the day” is toward a tighter, more muted palette, pulling away from the strong contrasts of black and white. When I explained to the homeowners that the “fixed elements” — in this case, the brick, mortar and brown roof color — dictated the color palette, they were all in. We worked hard going through the process of selecting the correct hues. Here is how we did it:
- Worked from the paint strips in the fan deck to narrow our selection down to 2-3 good options.
- Pulled the large 8 1/2 x 11″ color samples based on those strips.
- Placed the samples directly on top of the brick to see what colors produced the best blend.
- Narrowed the selection down to one color family.
- “Shopped” for the right accent colors, once again using the large color samples.
Once we went through the process as a team effort, we made our selections. In this case, here is what we went with:
- Body/siding color: Dapper Tan #6144
- Trim color: Basket Beige #6143
- Accent color for metal roofs & shutters: Van Dyke Brown #7041
- Front Door: Rustic Red #7593
And here is the “after”:
See below for a pop of color in Sherwin-Williams Rustic Red #7593:
The Rustic Red tones pick up beautifully on the reddish/orange tones of the brick. Here is what the homeowners had to say:
WE LOVE IT! Thank you so much for all of your hard work to get our colors worked out. Everything worked out GREAT. Superior Pro did an outstanding job and the workers could not have been nicer! We were so impressed with all of them, especially when they painted the house that is UNDER the screen porch! Here are before and after pictures. Everyone just loves this – especially the RED door!
Thanks to these Loganville homeowners for sharing their photos and comments with us. It was a pleasure working with them and we are delighted they are pleased with the final results.
If you are in need of house painting and are in the Atlanta area, please give SuperiorPRO Painting & Exteriors a call at (404) 436-2900. We will have one of our estimators come out at no charge to you.
We invite you to experience the SuperiorPRO difference! We are not your average painting company.