One of the great things about HardiePlank® siding is its amazing versatility. Unlike vinyl, which can warp in the sunlight if painted significantly darker than its original color, HardiePlank® siding can be painted and repainted, in any color combination you choose!
What do the experts at SuperiorPRO say about how to choose the right colors to suit your house, your style, and your neighborhood?
- First, gain a basic understanding of the color wheel. A color wheel is divided into 12 sections, and can help you find the combination of colors that suit you.
- If you want a calm color scene, with limited contrast, choose analogous colors, which are right beside each other on the color wheel.
- For contrast, choose complementary colors, which are opposite each other.
- Another approach is to choose one color for the main part of your house, and then instead of choosing its complementary color for contrast, you choose the two colors on either side of the complementary color. This kind of color scheme is known as a triad. Bear in mind, however you choose to paint your house, one color should be the star, and the other one or two should merely be supporting players.
Once you’ve gotten the basic idea, here are some suggestions to help you achieve the look you want:
- If you want to draw attention to the trim, paint it in a lighter color than the rest of the house.
- If you want your home to appear larger, make the contrast between body and trim colors soft.
- For a warm, cozy feeling use deeper colors. Be aware, however, that darker colors can make your house look smaller.
- If there are special details to which you’d like to draw attention, use a third color to highlight them.
- Take the style of your home and yard, as well as the regulations of your neighborhood, into account when planning your painting project.
Choose Only The Best HardiePlank® Siding
James Hardie HardiePlank® lap siding is the most popular and most attractive fiber cement siding in America. If you’re looking for professionals who are experienced in both installing and painting HardiePlank® lap siding, you’ve got a great resource in SuperiorPRO. Having served the Atlanta area for almost two decades, SuperiorPRO has developed a reputation for performing high quality work, using the best, most qualified contractors to install high quality products. We at SuperiorPRO are not only siding experts, but we offer professional interior and exterior painting, stucco repair, and window installation.
Call SuperiorPRO today to schedule a free quote for your no-rot, stunning 100% HardiePlank® home – 404.436.2900. We service all of Atlanta and the surrounding areas.