Properly functioning gutters catch rainwater flowing off your roof, direct it into downspouts, and then dump it safely away from your home’s foundation. Unfortunately, if your gutters hold standing water, leak, or are not securely fastened to the fascia, or if your downspouts are not securely fastened to the exterior of the house and divert water at least three feet your home’s foundation, your home’s interior and exterior can suffer serious damage.
Gutters Provide Valuable Protection
- Foundation, windows, and interior walls: Raingutters can direct gallons of water away from the foundation of your home, preventing foundation settlement problems and moisture buildup in your basements, crawl spaces, windows, and interior walls.
- Driveways, patios, and walkways:Rain gutters and downspouts drain water away from your home, preventing soil erosion underneath driveways, patios, sidewalks, and walkways.
- Fascia, soffit, and exterior walls:Rain gutters prevent damage to your home’s fascia, soffit, and exterior walls. They also protect your brick and stone masonry from rot and staining.
- Landscape: By properly directing water away from your home’s foundation, gutters protect your turf and landscaping.
- Termitesand mosquitoes:Standing water is attractive to termites and is a breeding ground for mosquitoes. A properly functioning gutter system is a crucial component to protect your home from these pests.
Gutter Inspection and Maintenance
Don’t wait until your gutters are full of leaves, soil, or weeds to perform an inspection or maintenance. The frequency with which you should clean out your home’s gutters depends on unique factors for your house, such as the type (deciduous vs. evergreen) and proximity of trees to the roof line, and the slope of the roof. Homes without nearby trees also need their gutters cleaned regularly.
Contact SuperiorPRO for Your Gutter Inspections or Upgrades
It’s time to think about gutter replacement if your gutters are sagging, leaking, or damaged or your downspouts are broken or missing. Our skilled professionals are able to evaluate the condition of your gutter system and spot the slightest flaws before they lead to substantial damage. At SuperiorPRO we can calculate your home’s gutter needs and discuss the gutter system options available to you. We also offer the worry free, maintenance-free and cost-effective Leaf Sentry Gutter Protection System. This system features a patented design with a nose-forward louvered cover to fit snuggly onto your gutter to work effectively even in heavy rain storms. Contact us today to get started on your gutter repairs or replacement.