Is There a Difference Between Painting Contractors?
If you need your house painted, the first hurdle to clear is that of finding someone to paint it. Most houses aren’t painted very frequently, with the average being about every 7-10 years, so most homeowners have no idea how to choose between painting contractors. Should you go with your neighbor’s brother, your cousin’s friend, or someone you find online or in a coupon book that came in the mail? Is there really a difference between painting contractors?
The short answer is yes, there is a difference. Just as you wouldn’t choose substandard materials to for your home renovation, you should take care to choose the right contractors to do the work. Interview at least three candidates for the job before you hire anyone, and consider these factors when choosing between painting contractors.
- Reputation matters. Look for a contractors known for professionalism and skill. Read reviews online, check Angie’s List and the Better Business Bureau, and make sure you go with a reliable company. Professional memberships can be an indication of reliability, as well as information about whether the contractor has a history of unresolved complaints.
- Look for experience. How long has your contractor been in business? Is he or she licensed and insured? Pay attention to the demeanor of each of the painting contractors you interview, to determine the level of professionalism, knowledge, and experience.
- Ask for references. In addition to providing documentation to show insurance and licensing, a reputable company should have no problem providing you with several references. Knowing what prior clients think of the work done by your painting contractor can provide you with peace of mind as you begin your project.
- Choose quality. From the products used to the techniques implemented, the work done on your house should be held to high standards. Do your homework, so that you can be confident that both the paint and the technique used to apply it are up to your standards. Make sure that your expectations and the contractor’s process are clearly understood—and put in writing!—before the job begins.
- Service doesn’t begin and end when the job does. Effective communication between contractor and client is of the utmost importance. You should be able to reach the company easily, and know exactly what to expect ahead of time and throughout the process. Your complete satisfaction in their work should be the primary goal, and this should be indicated through a written warranty.
Painting Contractors With Tremendous Experience: SuperiorPRO
If you’re looking for a company with an excellent reputation for high-quality work, look no further than SuperiorPRO. Having served the Atlanta area for more than 16 years, SuperiorPRO is licensed and insured, and able to provide glowing references from countless clients. Our painting contractors, expert painters, siding installers, and other craftsmen are the best in the business, and only use top-notch products to get the job done. Call SuperiorPRO today to schedule a free quote for your home improvement project – (404) 436-2900. We service all of Atlanta and the surrounding areas.